Saturday, September 27, 2008

R-E-L-I-E-F


I've hesitated to say a single word about it, here on the blog or even to our friends. This is the 3rd contract our house has been under (yep, we had contract #2 and it also failed) and I think this is the one that will stick. We're heading to Athens today to clear out the garage and get the place ready for closing, which should be towards the end of October. 

I'm so excited for us! This literally changes the whole picture for our little family. The amount of relief this brings to us financially and emotionally is staggering!

We've got our eye on a very cute little place that is for sale by owner and happens to be less than 2 miles from Ethan's school. We're going to be looking at it again soon and talking to the owner about price, home inspection, and all that other good stuff that goes along with this miserable business. 

Ethan continues to grow and change in ways that are hard to articulate but that are constantly amazing us. Everything seems to be improving and changing for him all at once. His balance and coordination, his speech, his sign language, and his behavior are all on a major upswing. 

I leave you with Ethan's first photograph which he took with my phone last weekend. 


20 comments:

Kyla said...

I hope the sale goes all the way through!!

Sounds like Ethan is growing in leaps and bounds!

Laurie said...

This is great news! Will keep my "ears" crossed for you!

Your Ethan is such a sweet and charming boy! Loved his "picture" that he took. He is so curious and so inquisitive! I was so glad I got to meet him and you and Rich!

Am home now and thought of you as I drove through Cincinnati today. . . :)

tammy said...

CONGRATS! Oh, how when I saw this it made my heart drop. We're in our first contract, after 3 wks on the market, and moving no matter what to Maryland in 3 weeks! Oh please let the whole thing work out!!! How scary it is in today's market! Glad this is it for you all! And even more glad to hear that Ethan is "moving" right along as well!!!! : )

Karen said...

Congrats-- hope the move is a smooth one!

flutter said...

YAY!!!!!!!!

Shannon and Carey said...

Dropping in to say hello from Austin. I just found your blog today. Your son is absolutely adorable. I read quite a bit of your blog. I used to sit in on IEP's when I was a CM. I've been in a few heated arguments with teachers!
-Shannon in Austin

Eileen said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope and pray this works out, I know what a relief it will be.

So happy Ethan is doing so well. Not a surprise at all.

Take care and keep us posted!

xxxxxx

Cheryl said...

Heather,
I have deleted A Life of Triggers. I will of course stay in touch and let you know when I am back in bloggerland. It is very comforting having your e-mail.

XXXXXXXX

KC said...

Awesome! Things are falling into place. It's about time.

Cheryl said...

Here I am. Please visit.
XOXOXO

Aliki2006 said...

Congrats! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that this one sticks!

Here It Comes said...

Keeping our fingers crossed for you!

I love Ethan's picture. Emmi loves to take cell phone pictures too. Although, hers never turn out so good!

jen said...

i'm so happy for you! whoot!

Julie said...

congratulations :0)

Julie

leahlefler said...

Congratulations! I'm glad your house finally sold- that has to be a HUGE relief!

I love Ethan's first picture, it is too sweet. Your move sounds like the perfect thing, because he really seems to be growing at his new school!

Cheryl said...

Heather, I went to Mary Oliver's website and could not find any poems. They said it was the Official one, but do you know of a different one?

I meant to tell you that I think you have a budding photographer on your hands. At least he got the bear in the photo. At that age, my girls got the floor, feet and door knobs and such. That was back in the developing days too.

Hey, how is Ethan sleeping these days? If he is sleeping, that means your sleeping, and that is definately a great thing. I bet school and the routine makes him worn out.

XXXXX

Ambulance Mommy said...

got my fingers crossed for you with the house!!!

so glad to hear Ethan's doing well! Have you made contacts at the new school yet?

And I love the photo....Ryan got one from my phone the other day when he wrestled it away from me, and I couldnt get it back in time :)

She said...

YAY! Rooting for you all! Love the photo Eboy took!!!

Love to you.

Dave said...

Congratulations! It must be such a relief for you and family.

David

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?