Monday, August 18, 2008

The Big Boy

Ethan turned 3 on Sunday! Here he is playing with one of his favorite gifts. He's so obsessed with this tent that we decided to keep it out of his view this morning in order to make sure he would eat his breakfast and be willing to leave the apartment. He noticed it was gone and immediately started looking around while signing "tent". Did we actually think he would forget about it simply because it wasn't visible?



Here's Ethan wearing his backpack and name-tag this morning on his first day of preschool. He is attending St. Rita School for the Deaf. We're sending him there this week as a "visitor", though we hope to see that status change after the IEP meeting to become "student". The big meeting is this Friday at 10 a.m. I'm nervous about it but excited just the same. We've been gearing up for this stuff for so long and now that it's all happening it just feels surreal. Wish us luck on Friday. I'll post as soon as we know anything. 





13 comments:

Kyla said...

He's 3! Happy birthday E-boy!! KayTar would go bonkers for that tent, too.

Good luck with the IEP. Give me a call sometime and we'll chat!

KC said...

Hetha! He is so big!!! Hope he had a wonderful birthday.

Crossing my fingers for you on Friday. xo

Kristina (Emma's mom ) said...

I love the photo of Ethan with the building in the background - it looks like he's going to college! I'm sure you feel relieved that the school placement decision is now completed, pending the IEP. Good luck on Friday. We'll keep you in our thoughts.

La La said...

Happy Birthday, Eboy! Man oh man, is he cute!!!

Love the tent and the name tag on his shirt. He is certainly growing up!

What a cutie patootie!

Thanks for sharing with us here.

Mom to Toes said...

Happy Birthday, E-Man! He looks like such a big boy!

I am excited for him. St Rita's sounds so, so amazing!

jen said...

happy birthday, both of you.

Beck said...

Happy birthday, big boy! If I had a tent like that, I would be crazy for it, too.

Eileen said...

Happy birthday Mr. E-boy! I can't believe that he is 3 already. He looks like such a big boy going to Pre-K. How does he like visiting?

I'll be thinking of you on Friday. Please let us know how you make out.

P.S. Than is one amazing tent. I don't blame him for wanting to be in it all the time. Very cool!

Shelly said...

Hope he had a wonderful birthday!!! What a COOL tent - I want one! You both will be in my thoughts....what a world we live in! I read the new foods and reflux fear comment. I am SO with you on that. Am curious to hear more about labs in his future.

leahlefler said...

Wow- he looks so "grown up" with his backpack on! How does he like school so far? Wishing you luck on Friday!!

Happy Birthday to Ethan- an official preschooler at last!

Aliki2006 said...

Happy Birthday! He looks so sweet a d big in that picture of him with his backpack!

Julie said...

Oh my goodness, he's adorable :0) And going to school... so grown up! Hope it goes well tomorrow,

(first time visitor),

Julie

Shiloh said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! He really is looking like a handsome little man in the school pics! Those little girls better watch out...you have a heartbreaker on your hands.