Thursday, July 03, 2008

Goodbye, Athens.


Cincinnati Skyline

We found an apartment and are moving in on Saturday. There is so much to do that I don't even know where to start. I'm too overwhelmed right now to process the emotions that go with leaving my home of 17 years, which isn't entirely a bad thing at all. We've got incredible friends on both ends of this move to help ease the transition, something I'm not taking for granted for a moment. Ethan is already scheduled with his new speech therapist and a new pediatrician and I'm scheduled to meet with the new school district early next week.

We said goodbye today to Ethan's PT and OT, which was harder than I had imagined. They have been a dream team for Ethan and have seen him through so much growth and progress. Today they had a "mommy party" for me and we ate a delicious cheesecake while I opened my present (an IEP emergency kit), which was just the humor I've been in need of lately. I drove home belly laughing through tears.

What a journey it has been, and continues to be....

15 comments:

Kel said...

Good luck!

flutter said...

you will do beautifully, I know

Kyla said...

Hooray!

It was bittersweet when KayTar "graduated" out of the ECI program. The therapists feel like an extension of family!

La La said...

I'm so happy you found an apartment. I know moving is stressful. When you get there, make the beds first! That way when you need to collapse, you'll have a fresh, crisp place to crash on!

Blessings.

David said...

On to a new world for you guys! So happy for you!

Eileen said...

Heather,
I am so happy for you! This move is going to be wonderful for all of you. Having friends at both ends, makes it so much sweeter.

Good luck with the move. Let us know how you make out with the school/IEP.

XOXOX

I am Trish Marie said...

Good luck with the move!

I cried the last day we saw Emmi's AI teacher and ECI coordinator. Of course, I still see them every so often. But still...

Aliki2006 said...

Good luck!!

I need one of those IEP emergency kits--too funny!

Mom to Toes said...

What an amazing mom you are to go through this move for the E-Man! :D

He is going to florish there - I just know it.

Beck said...

I hope the move goes smoothly and that you're soon settled into your new home!

Nikkicole said...

have fun in cincinati i will miss you even more now

R@T said...

Moving you all out sucked! I miss you. I look forward to some day crashing on your couch after consuming lots of cheese.

R@T

R@T said...

OK Sucked was a bit harsh. Bittersweet would be better.

KC said...

Good luck with the move, honey. Exciting adventures ahead. Those pictures of Ethan in the pool were too cute for words. He looks so much like you!

Virginia?
How close to DC? We've got an inflatable pool...

David said...

So excited for you and family. So many new wonderful opportunities for Ethan.