Sunday, June 08, 2008

Finally!

We got a substantial offer on the house last night and just came home from the realtor's office where we signed a contract. Of course there are inspections and an appraisal to be done before we are in the clear, but we finally got the ball rolling and can barely contain the excitement!

The buyer isn't messing around and wants us out July 7. The purchase is not contingent upon the sale of another home, so that frees everyone up somewhat to make the wheels turn a little faster.

(I ordered a Saint Joseph statue on Thursday and this buyer walked through on Friday. Apparently just conjuring up the saint mojo is good enough?)

16 comments:

Danielle said...

Whew!! Now that is a relief. I can't even imagine what it must be like to own a house. I love being able to just pick up and leave. But then again I hate the fact that my money has been going down the drain for the past 6 years. LOL

Good for you!

Kyla said...

Oh yay! That is the best news!!

David said...

I am overjoyed at your news! Good things are happening to good people here.
I had a feeling it was just around the corner.
Congratulations!
Doing a jig and a two-step for my buddy Ethan and his amazing family!!!
Made my day/week/month!

Jason said...

What is with these parallel lives? Admittedly, we're a little further on and will me moving out June 20th or 27th all being well but...

Happy moving,

Jason, Nik and Tom

Jennifer said...

That is TERRIFIC news! I know that has to be a huge weight off your shoulders!! Upward and onward!! ((hugs))

La La said...

Whoop! Whoop! Whoop! Lots of hootin'and hollerin' going on over here on your behalf!

YAY!

flutter said...

clearly it is!

leahlefler said...

Yes! Congratulations on the sale of your house- everything is coming together now!

Sarah said...

Awesome news!

Drew's Mom said...

Awesome!!! See....everything is going to work out!

Beck said...

Phew! You must be so relieved!

Eileen said...

I am so happy for you. This is wonderful news and I am sure it will all go smoothly. Your on the edge of your new life, in the new town and Ethan will be sitting pretty in his new program.

Love you.

KC said...

DUDE. It was so the statue-ordering.

Yeeehaw!

Loudest Mom said...

Wonderful!!!! I'm so excited for you all :)

Don Mills Diva said...

Congratulations! Now go start packing!

Aliki2006 said...

Hooray! What great news...