Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May Madness!

Here's our pad as it appears in the multiple listing service.

Hypes:
  1. Ethan was accepted into the preschool classroom at St. Rita School for the Deaf!
  2. Our house is looking great and has been shown 11 times in 7 days!
  3. We are going to Cincinnati Sunday to meet our realtor and look at several homes.
  4. Ethan's team of therapists are helping us write goals for a strong IEP.
  5. Rich is spending less time traveling and more time home.
  6. The Internet continues to bring me in contact with amazing people who are giving me support and helping me to support others.

Gripes:
  1. I don't have as much time to read/comment on my favorite blogs.
  2. I have to keep the house spotless at all times and be ready to vacate with Ethan on a moments notice.
  3. Ethan has been missing naps and his behavior has been TERRIBLE.
  4. Ethan's sensory stuff is in full gear and is driving us all crazy. We just started brushing him again and we're hoping that will help.
  5. Melatonin isn't the miracle cure that I thought it was one month ago.
-----------------------------

The style of this post was done in honor of two special people, R@T and Coletta. Love you both.

16 comments:

diber said...

Hooray for St. Rita School!!!
Hang in there with the IEP. (Hugs)

David said...

I love all your hypes and hope that they continue to go in that direction. I hope your house sells fast and you get multiple offers. We often look at Ethan's picture just to see an amazing cute boy living life.
Your gripes? Well, keep on the hypes. Life owes you another handful of hypes.
Thanks for posting, I look so forward to hearing about your families progress. You are in our thoughts.

slouching mom said...

Your house looks terrific! Yay!

It's so hard on little kids when you have to vacate your house at a moment's notice. I remember having to do that when Ben was around four. It was stressful. But, thankfully, time-limited!

Kyla said...

Yay for St. Rita's!! That's great!

Good luck with the sensory stuff. KayTar's been refusing the Pediasure and it is making me totally crazy.

These kids, I'll tell ya.

KC said...

The hypes sound worth the temporary gripes. (Yay school!!!!) Miss you. xoxo

La La said...

Your house is so charming. I love it. It WILL SELL!

Yay about Ethan and getting into the school!

Yay about Rich being home more.

Too bad about melatonin!!!

Sending love your way!

Aliki2006 said...

Your house does look lovely--it reminds me of our old house.

I'm glad he was accepted--wonderful news!

Eileen said...

Heather,
I am so HAPPY about Ethan and St. Rita's Pre-School. That is wonderful news!!!!

Your house looks so nice. I am sure it will sell quickly. I remember the stress of having to keep the house clean and having to leave when someone wants to see it, but it will be so worth it.

Keeping you in my thoughts and sending lost of positive vibes your way.
XOXOXO

leahlefler said...

Congratulations on getting into St. Rita's!!

I can't imagine trying to sell a house with a small child- the thought is rather daunting! Love the house and the setting (pretty trees)- I'm sure it will sell soon!

Shiloh said...

Heather,
Congrats on St. Ritas! I guess they must have seen the cute pics and decided they had to have him! Your home is beautiful. Looks like you should have no problems selling. Loved your hypes, will be praying for your gripes. Blessings to you all.

Haley-O said...

Congratulations on Ethan's acceptance! How exciting. Can I just tell you how GORGEOUS he is! :)

Your house is really beautiful. I hope it sells quickly for you! :)

Drew's Mom said...

Wonderful news on the acceptance to St. Rita's! Now once that IEP is done and the move takes place you won't know what to do with yourself!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad there are more hypes than gripes :-) Congrat's on St. Rita's. Sounds fantastic for Ethan.

Sarah said...

Your hypes sure outweigh your gripes!

Great post!

Beck said...

More good than bad? Awesome.
If I had to keep my house tidy all the time, I would stay in a hotel, really. We are a messy people.

Val said...

I love that house!!! He's too cute