Monday, April 07, 2008

Still Kickin'

Just a quick update to let folks know that we're all alive and well. Things have spun into high gear in this house as we prepare to sell, all whilst keeping up with a demanding travel schedule for Ethan's appointments. Tomorrow we will make the 3 hour drive to our future home in order for Ethan to have a speech evaluation (for apraxia) as well as a cochlear implant mapping session and a visit with our favorite developmental pediatrician on the planet. Seriously, she *is* that cool. We hope to have enough time to tour a few neighborhoods but overall it will be a whirlwind trip.

Ethan and I escaped to the Blue Ridge last week to stay with Gram & Gramps while our house saw a fair amount of sawdust and plywood. Things are changing here as we head into the world of realtors, banks, and inspections. It's stressful, but we're maintaining our cool as usual. Haha! I'm not even kidding, we are unbelievably zen under the conditions. Well, I guess Rich is the one staying calm and collected while I head out of town to relax with the grandparents :-)

My dad and I spent a lovely day together last week and I've got one picture to show for it. (Still trying to get the pics off my new phone/camera that I got as a result of my purse being stolen last week!) We visited VMI, UVA, and Monticello. I was most excited to see Monticello as I just finished the book John Adams and have been loving the HBO production.

And to top off this ramble of a post, you'll be pleased to know that our city police just stopped by to inform me that the person who forged my checks in the bank last week is in prison. It's a captivating story that I don't have time to tell. My boy is yawning in his high chair experiencing a little benign neglect...

Will be back soon. With pictures, Eileen. :-)


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, I've been offline for over a week and have yet to get caught up on my blog reading, so I hope that you are all doing well and enjoying some nice spring weather.

10 comments:

jen said...

ah..sister. glad to hear all is well and you are ok...save the prison story...?

Mom to Toes said...

Wow! A lot going on!

You will have to keep us filled in on Ethan's apraxia evaluation.

Kyla said...

There were lots of little previews in this post! Things sounds pretty exciting over there. I can't wait to see some photos and hear that prison story!

Beck said...

Forged cheques! Good golly!
You have been BUSY. I'm glad you're doing well.

La La said...

Glad you are back! Time with the parents sounds like it was wonderful!

Sorry your purse got stolen. That sucks BIG TIME! I had checks stolen once and it took nearly two years for the thieves to stop using them even though the account was close right after they were stolen from my mailbox (2 boxes). Ahhhhh. I feel for you.

Glad you all are "zen" in the midst of everything.

KC said...

purse stolen? forged checks? dude. But, it sounds exciting with the house movement...a new chapter. Missed you.

Eileen said...

Heather,
So glad you posted, I was getting worried about you. I am glad things are going ok, minus the purse incident and the guy in jail, and that you all have been able to stay fairly zen. Carrie introduced us to a new website called the The Daily Om you should check it out.
So glad you had a nice trip, visiting gramma and gramps. How cool you got to see Monticello. What timing!

Let me know how Ethan's appointment went and what happened with the apraxia evaluation. ANXIOUSLY AWAITING THOSE PICTURES!!!!!! (but no pressure, nope, none)

Love you and know you were missed.

Shiloh said...

Wow. You are one busy lady! I can't believe how calm and collected you are even in the toughest of situations. Your positive outlook and demeanor are an inspiration. And you even have your own COPS story! Can't wait to hear all the details.

Loudest Mom said...

You are so very zen :) I would be freaking out about my purse, etc. Best of luck with the appointments, etc.

leahlefler said...

I can't imagine moving with a small child! Life must be crazy. Good luck with the apraxia evaluation. We're still not sure what is going on with Matt-man, whether its apraxia or something else. He can say some things clearly now (I see deer, e.g.) and others are in martian (balloon is thlooo, plane is thleee, etc). Most of the time we still can't understand him!

You're going to have a ton of updates once everything settles down!