I've been tagged by Leah over at Say What Munchins blog for the following meme. While I'm ordinarily not much for memes, there are some parents of deaf and hard of hearing children participating in the meme and this is an opportunity for all of us to get to know each other a bit better. I'm all for that.
What I was doing 10 years ago:
I was working in a nonprofit organization and living with Rich in a beautiful home in the woods.
Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Red licorice
2. Soy chai
4. Cookies (my chocolate chip recipe)
5. Edamame (fancy term for soybeans)
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Freak Out!
2. Hire a financial advisor! (and likely a lawyer)
3. Become a philanthropist
4. Hire a full-time reflexologist
5. Travel with Rich & Ethan
Five jobs that I have had:
1. Waited tables in multiple places, my favorite being Mackinac Island, Michigan
2. Worker-owner in a cooperatively owned restaurant
3. Teacher- adult basic literacy class
4. Teacher- English as a Second Language
5. Teacher-Computer Science
Three of my habits:
1. Baking cookies
2. Reading blogs
3. Cleaning up after Ethan
Five places I have lived:
1. Mackinac Island, Michigan
2. Roanoke, Virginia
3. Several towns in Ohio (a total of 6, about to make that 7)
4. See #3
5. See #3
Add a new part to the meme: What countries have you been to and which is your favorite?
France, Spain, Swaziland, South Africa, Jamaica, and Canada
I left a piece of my heart in Africa, but my favorite place to visit of those countries is Canada. Rich and I took Via Rail in the winter of 95 from Vancouver to Toronto, stopping for a break in Alberta where we explored for a few days. The views of the Canadian Rockies from the train were breathtaking. We've also done a driving tour of Nova Scotia (and PEI) and fell in love with the scenery. I've spent some time in Halifax (for work) and LOVED the city and the friends that I made. The next time we're up north we have to see Quebec City and Montreal.