Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's all about Me!


I've been tagged by Leah over at Say What Munchins blog for the following meme. While I'm ordinarily not much for memes, there are some parents of deaf and hard of hearing children participating in the meme and this is an opportunity for all of us to get to know each other a bit better. I'm all for that.
************************

What I was doing 10 years ago:

I was working in a nonprofit organization and living with Rich in a beautiful home in the woods. 

Five snacks I enjoy:
1. Red licorice
2. Soy chai
3. Popcorn
4. Cookies (my chocolate chip recipe)
5. Edamame (fancy term for soybeans)

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Freak Out!
2. Hire a financial advisor! (and likely a lawyer)
3. Become a philanthropist
4. Hire a full-time reflexologist
5. Travel with Rich & Ethan

Five jobs that I have had:
1. Waited tables in multiple places, my favorite being Mackinac Island, Michigan
2. Worker-owner in a cooperatively owned restaurant
3. Teacher- adult basic literacy class 
4. Teacher- English as a Second Language
5. Teacher-Computer Science

Three of my habits:
1. Baking cookies
2. Reading blogs 
3. Cleaning up after Ethan

Five places I have lived:
1. Mackinac Island, Michigan
2. Roanoke, Virginia
3. Several towns in Ohio (a total of 6, about to make that 7)
4. See #3
5. See #3

Add a new part to the meme: What countries have you been to and which is your favorite?

France, Spain, Swaziland, South Africa, Jamaica, and Canada

I left a piece of my heart in Africa, but my favorite place to visit of those countries is Canada. Rich and I took Via Rail in the winter of 95 from Vancouver to Toronto, stopping for a break in Alberta where we explored for a few days. The views of the Canadian Rockies from the train were breathtaking. We've also done a driving tour of Nova Scotia (and PEI) and fell in love with the scenery. I've spent some time in Halifax (for work) and LOVED the city and the friends that I made. The next time we're up north we have to see Quebec City and Montreal. 

-heather

13 comments:

Mom to Toes said...

I'm so excited to see a picture of you! Have you ever posted one before?

Hetha said...

A loooong time ago, for my birthday. Thanks Wendy!

La La said...

You guys are so cute together! I'm glad to see a photo of you, too.

I wish I were in your neck of the woods, I come get you and take you out for coffee and ask you more about yourself.

I loved getting to know more about you today! Thanks for participating in the meme!

Still praying for you guys.

La La said...

I type too fast and make mistakes. Should be "I'd" come to get you! Hee hee.

Eileen said...

I remember that birthday picture, in that cool car!! Love this picture of the two of you together, so sweet. Thanks for doing this Meme. I don't usually like to do them either, but they are so much fun to read. I loved learning more about you. I have to ask you a question now about your work on the Island. I'll e-mail you.
XOXOXO

Beck said...

You know WHAT? You would have gone through MY TOWN on the train!
You're so pretty! I've never seen a picture of you before - and wow, does Ethan ever look like you.

Anonymous said...

Regarding "Things I would do if I were a Billionaire", what about taking care of your Mojoless geriatric parents? LOL. Mom & Dad

Laurie said...

I love your new profile picture! It is nice to put a face with a name, especially with the new "tidbits" from your meme!

Hope to meet you in person one of these days!

David said...

Thanks for this I enjoyed it. I feel like I know you. I was excited that you enjoy so much of my country. It was nice to see a photo fo you an my favorite guy!
Hi Ethan!! 11 Days to go then my CI will be turned on buddy!

KC said...

Great picture and I loved seeing this glimpse into you.

Um, your parents are awesome.

Kyla said...

You're so cute! Must be where that E-boy gets it!

leahlefler said...

Yumm... red licorice. I can't buy the stuff or else I eat the entire box! Or tub, depending on the quantity we buy (lol).

You guys are adorable! Oh, yeah- I stole the idea of doing the sign alphabet to help with Matt's speech, and he is trying to sign the letters and can say about half of them. He actually said "Q" the other day and it sounded like the acutal letter! Still no mama, though (argh)!

Don Mills Diva said...

Awww - being a Canuck I felt all proud to hear that you love Canada - it is a beautiful country...

Love the picture of you two - Ethan's a mini-me!