Sunday, February 10, 2008

Two Favors

I've a couple of things to ask:

1.) Chris H. I noticed that you have copied and pasted text from this blog and left it (along with the url to Ethan's World) in the comments section of other blogs. I found it to be very disconcerting and confusing. While I suspect that you have no bad intentions, and that you probably agree with me philosophically about teaching ASL to my child with an implant, I must respectfully ask you not to take my words out of context and leave them on other web sites.

2.) Would you have a look at this clever and creative idea for raising money for a good cause? These teachers are donating all proceeds to their local food pantry and they live in an area where there are many hungry people, namely children. I love their approach and I especially love the message they are sending their high school students, that we all can find ways to help our fellow human beings.

14 comments:

slouching mom said...

One of those teachers? Is a really good friend of mine from college! He e-mailed me a week ago and asked me to vote for him.

Do you know one of those teachers? Wouldn't it be weird if we knew the same one?

Hetha said...

I emailed you on this one slouchy. It's a small world, no?

jen said...

at first i was confused, and then decided i love it.

flutter said...

2 is great, 1 is well...kind of rude.

Kyla said...

#2 is clever!

nascarmom217 said...

Hey. I was very confused also that he left that comment on my blog. I just read it last night, and could not for the life of me understand why he put it on there. I could not tell if he was "for" what I was doing, or against. Not that I care what he thinks :)
I have been reading your blog for months and been inspired on how well Ethan has done with his implant. If you have any advise to send to me I would be SO appreciative of it. We are trying to decide what company to go with at this point. We have surgery two weeks from tomorrow!! YEAH.
Thank you again for writting on my blog and letting me know someone else had left a comment "for you"....whithout your approval! :)
Talk to you soon.

Amy

La La said...

Too bad people feel like they can take your words and place them on other bloggers' sites. Ugh!

Love the uglybeards contest. Visited this last week, and I agree it is way cool and creative!

Love.

Kellan said...

That is a very cool fund raising idea! We are often looking for new, creative ways to raise money at our schools (who isn't) - always fun to see what other schools are doing - thanks.

Hope you have a good weekend Hetha - see you soon. Kellan

Sarah said...

I love that fundraising idea!

Aliki2006 said...

I was confused about that fundraising idea as well, now I'm tickled--it's great!!

Kellan said...

Alcohol games - that sounds like a fund ladies weekend - sounds like fun! Take care Hetha - Kellan

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to see that none of the contestants are women! ha ha Very clever idea!

Eileen said...

Heather,
The Ugly Beard Contest Officially ended. They raised 2000.00 for the food bank. Isn't that amazing for such a small town? Plus, more donations keep coming, from as far as California. Makes my heart feel good.
Thanks for the plug.
Happy Valentine's Day, my sweet friend.
XOXOXO

Kellan said...

Hi Hetha - thanks for coming by today. Hope you are good and Ethan too. Hope you had a good weekend - see you soon. Kellan