Thursday, December 13, 2007

Two New Things!


E-boy is on a roll!

Last night at dinner time, Ethan looked at us and signed "Eat lunch" - granted he had the wrong time of day, but putting 2 signs together is big stuff! The only other time we've seen him do this was about a year ago and it was pretty hilarious. Rich was shirtless and picked him up. Ethan pointed to his nipple and signed "Dad Milk", a moment I'll never forget!

This morning I picked Ethan up and carried him into the bathroom for some mirror play. He spontaneously leaned in and kissed me on the cheek! He has never done that without being prodded, and even then he will often hold back the lovin'. (He actually did it twice in a row!)

*New surgery date is Tuesday the 18th!*

14 comments:

Kyla said...

Oh! My heart is just going to burst. How lovely.

diber said...

LOL dad, milk. HAHAHAA.

I'm glad you don't have to wait too much longer for surgery. Poor kid.

flutter said...

two kisses in a row? oh the love!

Eileen said...

Between the picture and your happy, beautiful words my I think I am going to explode with happiness. What a great story, what progress and what a beautiful, beautiful little boy.

XOXOX

P.S. That picture is NOT me. Just a tiny pic. image,that was suppose to to change colors.

jen said...

oh honey...just look at him go.

Anonymous said...

lmao on tthe first statement

feeling the love during the second statement

Nikkicole said...

hey thats funnie i cant believe he said that

Drew's Mom said...

Awesome!

Laurie said...

Your little boy is growing up! How cute! Thanks for the laugh this morning!

Kellan said...

This is wonderful - the signing and the kisses - but to tell the truth, I am the most excited about the kisses!!!!!! Hope you all have a good weekend, Hetha - and once again, I just love that little boy. Kellan

La La said...

He's such a cutie pie! Love the sign language about dad's milk. LOL!

Not sure how I got here. I read your comment on someone else's blog. Oh, the joy of blogland discoveries. Love it.

Aliki2006 said...

I love that glowing, happy picture of your son!

Congrats on that milestone--how wonderful.

Jennifer said...

The kisses are WONDERFUL...you won't ever forget that!!! *hugs* You just made my day with your post! Ethan's coming along, isn't he??

KC said...

Unsolicited kisses are THE BEST.