Monday, November 19, 2007

Activation Day!

I've just finished packing our bags for the big day. Tomorrow Ethan will have his new cochlear implant activated! We plan to take him to the zoo afterwards since the weather should be gorgeous and the hospital gives out free passes to patients and their families.

This time last year I wrote a post about our trip to the zoo following an audiology appointment for the first implant. That day at the zoo was the first time that Rich and I saw Ethan react to sound, so it was pretty emotional for us. I can't believe that one year later Ethan has the gift of hearing with both ears, it's just amazing. We have so much to be thankful for!

11 comments:

Jeannette said...

Woohoooo!!! Fun day!

We always pass the zoo on the way to the hospital. It's kind of fun.

flutter said...

I am so excited for you! For Ethan!

Jennifer said...

I have been thinking about you and Ethan constantly (although I've been bad about returning e-mails!) I am so excited to see how Ethan does....and will be watching the Google Reader tomorrow night for updates!!
Give him a smooch for me!

jen said...

you sound so happy. i am so happy for you. enjoy every single minute tomorrow.

Kellan said...

This is so wonderful Hetha!! Such a blessing, these implants and such a blessing that sweet boy. Have fun at the zoo! Hope it all goes well and is so much fun! Take care. Kellan

KC said...

So excited for the family!

(p.s. I am SO not missing PR - last week was the first tv show I've watched in months. Yippee!)

Kyla said...

I am SOOOO excited for you and E-boy! This will be amazing.

Nicky said...

This has come round so quickly. We'll be thinking about you and can't wait to hear how Ethan does and hope he loves the Zoo - Tom would be jealous.
Love Nicky, Jason and Tom xx

Mom to Toes said...

I can't wait to hear how it went today!

Nikkicole said...

sounds like you had a big day today i am so happy for ethan and you love ya both

Laurie said...

Can't wait! Jennifer did so well with her activation yesterday! We have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving! Hope yours is great!

~Laurie