Saturday, October 13, 2007

Friday Night Lights


Ethan and I had the pleasure of attending the fair with grandma and grandpa last night! I anticipated this trip all week, imagining the barbecued pork, the steak on a stick, corn dogs, and the obligatory sugar waffles and funnel cakes. This year I indulged in deep fried veggies (Fresh!) between the sweet and savory snacks. Grandma and grandpa pushed the stroller so my hands could be free to eat like the wild pig I morph into at these events.


Ethan saw (and signed) a cow, pigs, horses, chicken, sheep, and rabbits! He really enjoyed watching the lights and spinning rides and looked pretty overwhelmed by the time we left, covering his face with this hands and rubbing his eyes. It's a lot to take in for a little guy. Next year he should be big enough to enjoy a ride or two, or even eat his first bite of fair food.

9 comments:

Kellan Rhodes said...

Oh ... the food, my favorite part. I love the funnel cakes and roasted corn. "like the wild pig I morph into at these events." - this was so funny and perfectly describes me as well. I'm glad you got to go and take Ethan - oh what he must think of all the lights and all the motion and all the people.

slouching mom said...

That second photo is terrific!

Glad it was a culinary delight!

Heh.

flutter said...

This looks like so much fun

Eileen said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. I can just see Ethan taking in all the magical things to see! What a special night out, and I especially glad that you got to enjoy good old fair food. It is a tradition!
XOXOX

Kyla said...

Yum! Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Laurie said...

Looks like you are having a great time! Thanks for your comment on my recent post. I left a reply for you!

I'm enjoying your "Ohio" pictures!

Beck said...

Oh, fair food! I like funnel cakes - mmm...

KC said...

Dude, did you catch the aliens in your first picture? Holy shit!

Modified Mummy said...

Those foods you've mentioned sound bizzare! Maybe it's just because I've never heard of most of them. But I do love fun fairs, especially the one that comes to town for Mayday. it's such a community event, I adore it. I've missed a couple of years due to being pregnant, but plan to fully enjoy myself when it comes around next may.

glad your wee one had such a good time too :)