Friday, April 13, 2007

Organ and Tissue Donation



I wanted to take an opportunity to remind everyone how important it is to consider this topic. There is a mother in Illinois who has brought this issue to light for me. Her little girl Annika is 6 years old and has had 2 liver transplants and is currently waiting on a list for a third.

I was surprised to learn that "Each day, about 77 people get the organ transplant that gives them a second chance, but 19 others die waiting for a donated organ."

The message needs to get out! To learn more, visit these sites:

Official U.S. government site on organ donation

Links to information for all U.S. states and territories

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Hi Heather, I so agree with you about Organ and Tissue Donation. This is such an important issue and I wish it would get more attention in the media. Thanks for the links, I appreciated the information.
Melanie was very happy to get the feedback on her poems. It is so nice to see her smile and feel good about herself. I will post a picture of Sadie and lots of other pictures once I can figure out how to do it. I am new to this, but my husband is going to sit down and show me how to do it. I am pretty sad when it comes to technology! I'll get there..Have a good night.

-Scott (Campaign Manager) said...

Hi Heather,

Great to see this post of support for the issue. We're pushing hard to get folks registered here in Illinois with the Donate Life Illinois campaign. You can check out our official blog at: http://iam-areyou.blogspot.com/

Have a good one, -Scott

Britt said...

this is a big to pic that everyone should know about i think it is very importan. in my opinion all people should be organ doners but thats not gonna happen is it