Sunday, April 08, 2007

"Ma" = Progress!


Just when I was starting to let my imagination get the best of me, Ethan decided it was time to drop the "Ma" bomb. Of course I didn't actually witness it, but those who did were pretty excited and described the scenario several times.

It happened during a speech therapy session. I'm almost always at his sessions, watching from the next room so he isn't distracted by my presence. On this particular day I had decided to go down the hall to the gym and walk on the treadmill. The gym I belong to is literally in the same building, a short walk away. Since he's in therapy 3 times a week it seems okay to go get a workout once in awhile. I mean what am I going to miss?

I missed him signing the word mom and saying "Ma" over and over.

Cool!

It's sort of Little House on the Prairie, maybe we should teach him to say Pa as well. Until then, Ma needs to loosen her bonnet strings and relax.

8 comments:

Shiloh said...

Awesome! It just brings tears to my eyes! It sounds like he is making connections! Yaaaaaay Ethan!

Heather said...

Thanks Shiloh, I know how much you can relate to the joy of these milestones!

Eileen said...

You have a beautiful little boy, who have made a ton of progress already. I know it is so hard to sit back and wait and see, but it will happen, look at what he has done so far!! What a great smile!!!Celebrate the milestones and know tere are many more to come!

Drew's Mom said...

What great news! Horray for Ethan!

Britt said...

thats so cool i bet you bany wait until he can actually say momma now

Q, R, and L's Momma said...

Wow, that is so great and a great coincidence that I just happened to finally read some of Ethan's World today, because today for the first time Lars signed Mom and said Mom and then pointed to me and then he signed Dad and said, "Dad", though Dad wasn't here. He also did Grandpa and Grandma, as if the sign finally clicked with the language. I know that this is not so major as with deaf children, since Lars is hearing, but he has so little speech and since we have really dug in on the signing, his speech is improving, he is now almost saying all of the signs that he can do and I counted today, he can actually do 30 signs! Thanks Heather for turning all of us to signing!! We can't wait for the summer to really dig in on it with the big kids, since they are the key to all of us really learning it!

Kim said...

What an adorable little boy, and such joyous progress. Congratulations!

Dulce said...

Keep up the good work.