Friday, April 27, 2007

lame.

Ethan is constantly pulling off his processor. He has never done this before, it looks like he is really uncomfortable. He threw up twice last night and once today. He isn't himself, yet he has no outward signs of being sick, no fever, still plays with his toys and chases the cats. I can't help but wonder if the two things are connected. If I heard static and constant buzzing in my head I'd be tossing my cookies too. Of course, we don't really know if that is what he is hearing, since he can't tell us. But the constant removal of the device surely sends a clear message.

3 comments:

Eileen said...

Dear Heather,
I am very sorry to hear about the setback with implant. It does sound rather rare, but I am glad you were at least able to contact 2 parents who may be able to share their experiences. It must be very frustrating for all of you, but especially hard seeing Ethan so uncomfortable. I am glad you are blogging, and if you ever need to vent, I'm here. I wish there was something more I could say or do, but just know you are in my thoughts. Your a great mom Heather, and Ethan is a very special little guy, and I know you all will get through this ok. I think it is all the unknowns and the disappointment (this really sucks!!) and of course because Ethan can't tell you verbally. Lots of good wishes being sent your way.

Shiloh said...

Hi Heather!
My heart goes out to you guys. It is really scary to think of having to re-implant Ethan so soon after the first implant. I guess to some extent we as parents expect a re-implantation some time in our implanted children's lives...just not this soon. Hopefully it won't be necessary. It is good that you are signing with Ethan too though so you won't be compeletly without communication. I can't say it enough...you are a truly amazing family. I feel really blessed to know you. I wish we lived closer so we could get the boys together. Maybe someday. I wish I could do more than keep you in my prayers and send blessings your way. Just know that you are thought of and prayed for. God Bless you guys!
Shiloh

Heather said...

Thanks so much to you both, Eileen and Shiloh, for all the emotional support and virtual hugs. It feels good to have people supporting you no matter what, but how wonderful to feel such love from people who you've never even met. To me, that is profound and brings me hope.
-Heather