Thursday, December 07, 2006

New Pediatrician = Happy Heather



I finally did it this week, I fired Ethan's local pediatrician. He doesn't know this, but that's not the point. We're never going back to that dog and pony show again! He has no personality and has never shown an interest in Ethan. We saw him two weeks ago and he had not yet seen E's new implant, so naturally I expected to have a conversation about it and how surgery went. He didn't mention it at all. Red Flag! Then this week I called the office to see if they could look at Ethan for a possible case of chicken pox (mom over-reacted, it was dry skin) and they told us to stay in the car and he would just come out to look at Ethan in the car. Say What???

So...the new doc is a woman who immediately showed a great interest in Ethan. She showed competence and compassion and really put my mind at ease about his weight and diet. She was very excited about the implant and asked several questions. As Aunt Penny reminded me later (she accompanied us on the trip) she also asked me 3 different times if there was anything else I wanted to talk about. Loved Her!

Oh, and this place has a doctor on call all the time. What a concept. Talk about peace of mind. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted!

No comments: